jeudi 12 septembre 2013

Incompetency in business: a given in France

France is a country where incompetency is not important in business. What is important is to be sure that one has someone he or she knows in a position instead of looking for someone who would be the right person for the job. I have been thinking that it was exaggeration from my part while I have been seeing this situation repeatedly in companies where I went to give languages lessons. But now that I work in a French one, it is so clear that the skills of someone for a specific job are not what will give it to him or her. What is important for French so called leaders, is to put someone they know to work with, someone they can control. In fact, what is happening is that they are so arrogant and so selfish that they really think that they are good in everything and therefore they make the right decisions by naming someone they know to a position. But in reality, it is just because they are so unsure of themselves that they better have someone they can control to keep their job. Everyone unknown is a danger for them. He or she could be much more competent than them and it is a danger for them. But one can see this very clearly everywhere. Just look at the French importance in the world. Fortunately the country and the people don't have any importance in the world. One has to live an another country to see this reality.
That was great for me when I was living in the US and before in England. And when I went to Brazil it was also clear. Not one single mention of France in my everyday life.
Unfortunately now I am in Paris and I have to live through this. If one believed in what he or she hears on the radio or TV, one would think that the whole world works thanks to the French.
I really don't like this country and even less the French. But I need to work this out by myself in order to be able to go somewhere else for a better life.
What I did learn in the US is never to give up. I want something therefore I need to work on it to make it happen. It is not easy, for sure and with age it is becoming harder but until my last breath I will do anything to leave France.
My dream is to go back to the USA because life there is great. Now I do know for sure that the famous "American dream" exists and happens much more than one can think. So I have it in my mind and I'll make sure that it'll happen for me.
Just one thing is important: I cannot give up nor hope nor efforts to make it happen.
And another thing: I need to keep it easy for my mental health. I need to keep on smiling and being positive. And it is not only a decision but a state of mind.
Today, September 12, 2013, I swear that I'll succeed in leaving France for ever and to succeed in business.
And I need to forget about incompetency in this country and think of my skills and my expertize that could and must be used somewhere else by people who understand its value.

Aucun commentaire: