lundi 1 septembre 2008

What a country

Hi all,

I have been in Morocco, in Rabat to be exact, for the whole month of August. We have bought an apartment in the capital because we had some money that came from the sale of an apartment that belonged to the heirs. The apartment itself is quite nice and rather big. We have four bedrooms and a big living room. O good kitchen but only one complete bathroom but only with a shower. The neighborhood is not bad as it is a mid income one. But, but and now we understand that we are in Morocco. First there is a house where are hold weddings and all kinds of events. The problem is that during the whole month we had weddings organized that started at 1 in the morning and stopped at 5 in the morning. And the other problem is that the sound was incredibly bad and loud. It was as if the so called bands were just trying to make as much noise as possible. And when we called the police many times, they didn't do one thing. At a point they even answered that they had the authorization to organize parties. But are the inhabitants of the neighborhood have the authorization to sleep? Apparently no. It is the worst lack of respect of human beings I have ever seen in my life. And this country calls itself civilized and wants to be recognized as so? I'll do anything to denounce this lack of respect of Moroccans for everything. Another more thing that is really boring. There have been some works in some apartments in the building. I think that they were destroying a wall to I don't know what. They are so undeveloped that to tear down a wall in an apartment it took more than 10 days each time. Everything Moroccans do is to avoid spending money to do something well. I have never seen something like that.
My advice to people who want to invest in Morocco: wait until the country is really respecting people because some surprises could be very bad.
The last thing. I have been going to the beach almost every day. But there are all, at least in the Rabat region, dirty. The water looks rather good and clean. But there are always plastic bags and other garbage in the water. How this country can pretend attracting 10 million tourists a year if nothing is done to clean the beaches and to have tourism professionals receiving them the way they deserve? I don't think that Morocco is ready to become part of the international community.

Aucun commentaire: