How I love summer. Sun and heat are energizing. At least to me. I am in Morocco now for holidays. Well it is really because we have a few things to do more than by choice. The country is nice but not really to spend nice holidays. Recently when I arrived in Rabat I heard that the authorities have taken a decision that is exactly against what the tourists are looking for. Imagine in a city all bars and restaurants have to close at 1 AM. I was told that it is because of a murder that had been committed in a bar that they had taken this decision. It is only in Rabat but how do you want to attract tourists in this city? And the country's plan is to attract 10 million tourists per year starting in 2010. It is absurd and stupid. Plus for businesses it is a loss, a financial loss that can be devastating. And it also send a false message to tourists and the professionals: someone can always punish all businesses for real or false reason. It looks like non liberal governments that punish a whole economical sector because one person (and in this case it wasn't a restaurant or bar's owner guilt) makes a mistake or commit a crime. It sends a wrong message to visitors to be. Well unfortunately it doesn't surprise me. But it is a stupid decision and I do hope that the authorities will cancel it quickly
Otherwise, the weather is beautiful in Rabat: not too warm nor too humid. In fact the perfect climate for people who are looking for nice holidays
Thank you for reading me.
Inscription à :
Publier les commentaires (Atom)

Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire